Monday 23 January 2012

I'm single and I know it!!!

So it is that time of year again Valentines Day.

I have realised that I have only ever had 1 Valentines Day when I was taken.

For the past 3 years me and a guy pal would go to the cinema and watch the most unromantic film that we could find. But this year he has decided that he is going to break tradition and go out with his gf who does he think he is.....huh?

I don't get why you have to show your appreciation to you Other Half on one day. Why not show it every day it doesn't have to be flowers or chocolates but that does help. A simple kiss on the cheek or a hug that lasts a second to long. Those would meam more to me than an overpriced box of chocolates and a card that will be forgotten  two weeks later.

Some times I do worry that I will be a spinster with twelve cats and never have been chosen off the shelf like that bashed box of chocolates that taste just as yummy. Everything is so materialistic that the shy, unconventional beauties are generally overlooked.

My resolution this Valentines Day is to go out with someone I wouldn't usually go for just to say I tried and you never know I may find my mister right.

I already have my eye on that geek that always gave me the sheepish smile when he comes in for a chat.

So I dare all you single people who want the perfect partner step outside your comfort zone and say yes to that guy or girl who smiles at you every day on the bus and you never know where it will lead.

I have met some of my best friends that way. I am currently sat looking at one who inspirewd me to write this.


TTYL

XOX



No comments:

Post a Comment